MIGRATION MOBILITY OF THE POPULATION IN ECONOMIC RESEARCH: THEORETICAL ASPECTS
Keywords:migration mobility, migration studies, migration qualification, migration thesaurus, spatio-temporal characteristics of migration, human potential, migration research
Migration issues need more extensive coverage in fundamental studies. One of the important tasks is to specify the conceptual and terminological apparatus of migration research and eliminate discussions in the migration thesaurus, in particular on the content of migration as a mobility form. In view of this, the purpose of the article is to substantiate the content of migration mobility of the population as a fundamental economic category that forms the theoretical foundations of migration research with the separation of a new migration science. The scientific novelty is the substantiation of the basic provisions of migration studies and the specification of its migration thesaurus in terms of determining the content of migration mobility. The methodological basis of the study is a dialectical approach, abstract-logical method, method of systematization and generalization, the use of which allowed to formulate the basic provisions of migration and clarify its conceptual and terminological apparatus. The formation of migration studies is confirmed by the conclusions of leading economists and demographers. Migration studies accumulates knowledge, approaches to analysis and practical recommendations for migration regulation. Given the complexity of the migration essence, migration studies is formed as a science-interdisciplinary synthesis at the junction of socioeconomics, demography, spatial science and regional studies. The issues of migration studies develop the following directions: fundamental migration studies, which determines the basic provisions for understanding mig ration in the indicator-factor complex, based on migration theories, concepts, principles, mig ration terminology; analytical migration studies, which reveals the methodology of analyzing migration in terms of causes, conditions, trends; migration qualiology, which emphasizes the methodology of quantitative and qualitative assessment of the migration impact on various phenomena and processes. The main branches of migration studies are economic, demographic, social and political, the results of which comprehensively reveal the possibilities of solving the migration problem by ensuring a positive consequence for person, society and state.
The development of migration research requires deepening and modernization of the methodology of migration analysis with the correct use of terminology. In the migration thesaurus there are a number of similar concepts, each of which has specifics. Based on terminological contra dictions, the main approaches to understanding migration as phenomenon, process, system, sign and form of mobility are generalized. The multifaceted concept of migration mobility of the population raises the scientific and practical value of its research. In this regard, the content of migration mobility is revealed, its spatio-temporal, causal and consequential characteristics in the context of the impact on human development are specified, and the prospects for improving methodological approaches to analyzing youth mobility are indicated.
- Sadova, U. Ya. (2019). Migration in the conditions of regional labor markets transformation of Ukraine: mechanisms of regulation. State Institution «Institute of regional research named after M. I. Dolishniy of NAS of Ukraine». Lviv [in Ukrainian].
- Bortnyk, N. P., & Moroz, N. S. (2016). Migration as a science of quantitative and qualitative indicators of population migration. Bulletin of the National University «Lviv Polytechnic». Series: Legal Sciences, 850, 9-15 [in Ukrainian].
- Petrova, Ya. V. (2014). Theoretical models for the study of migration processes. Bulletin of N. Karazin Kharkiv National University. Series: Sociological research of modern society: methodology, theory, methods, 32, 56-64 [in Ukrainian].
- Verbovyi, M. V. (2018). The phenomenon of migration as a separate interdisciplinary scientific field. International relations. Part «Economic sciences», 15. http://journals.iir.kiev.ua/index.php/ec_n/article/view/3508 [in Ukrainian].
- Balaniuk, D. M. (2009). Strategy of migration policy in the period of national-state construction (Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis). Odesa [in Ukrainian].
- Denysenko, M. B., Iontsev, V. A., Khoriev, B. S. (1989). Migration studies. Moskow [in Russian].
- Kondratiev, Ya. Yu., Rymarenko, Yu. I., & Olefir, V. I. (2000). Fundamentals of migration Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Malynovska, O. A. (2013). Migration studies of the Soviet period and their impact on modern migration studies in Ukraine. Demography and social economy, 2, 156-166 [in Ukrainian].
- Stadnytskyi, Yu. I. (2016). Prostorology: the science of spatial aspects of efficiency. Scientific Bulletin of Uzhhorod University. Series: Economics, 1 (47), 18-22 [in Ukrainian].
- Stepura, T. M. (2021). Development of human potential in terms of qualification of the economy of Ukraine (Extended abstract of Doctor’s thesis). Vinnytsia [in Ukrainian].
- Haidutskyi, A. P. (2017). Migranomics of the XXI century. Mirror of the week, https://zn.ua/ukr/macrolevel/migranomika-hhi-stolittya-256261_.html [in Ukrainian].
- Malynovskyi, V. Ya. (2017). Ukrainian political regionalism in the context of modern socio-political challenges. Bulletin of the Yaroslav the Wise National University. Series: Philosophy, philosophy of law, political science, sociology, 2 (33), 95-104. https://doi.org/10.21564/2075-7190.33.109728 [in Ukrainian].
- Studennikov, I. (2007). Regional studies and regional science: problems of methodology and categorical apparatus. Regional history of Ukraine, 1, 67-78 [in Ukrainian].
- Libanova, E. M., & Pozniak, O. V. (2020). External labor migration from Ukraine: the impact of COVID-19. Demography and Social Economy, 4, 25-40. https://doi.org/10.15407/dse2020.04.025 [in Ukrainian].
- Rybakovskyi, L. (2001). Population migration. Three stages of the migration process. [in Russian].
- Zaslavskaya, T. Y. (1974). Labor mobility as a subject of economic and sociological Novosybyrsk [in Russian].
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Мар'яна Біль
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.